Thanks for stopping by my official webpage. I appreciate your interest in quality, Christian fiction. Click around, browse a bit, leave a comment if you’d like. If you have a question, drop me a line via the Connect/Contact button at the top!
It’s been a busy spring around the Chapman household.
- We’re deep into promotion of my latest release, Raging Storm.
- Reviews are beginning to come in for my May release, What the Bishop Saw.
- I’m turning in edits for book 2 of the same series, When the Bishop Needs an Alibi.
- In May I’ll be traveling to Monte Vista, Colorado to bring you pictures and live video from the Amish community where this series is set.
You can purchase my books at
To access a list of all my books, in order, use the Books/Booklist button above. Also check out my blog, From the Back Porch, below. I’ll be sharing Amish Fun Facts once a month, and my new Rafflecopter giveaway is also live (details below).
The bluebonnets are popping in central Texas. I hope that wherever you are, there are signs of spring.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Amish, Mystery and Suspense Novels
From the Back Porch
I wanted to share more Amish fun facts. I hope you enjoy these. Many people ask me about the day to day happening in Amish life.
- Do they celebrate holidays?
- What kind of toys do the children play with?
- How does that dating thing really work?
I’ve enjoyed visiting with Amish families and asking these questions myself. Click on each picture to enlarge it, and feel free to share on your Facebook pages or twitter feeds or just forward the email to someone who enjoys learning about the Amish. These pictures are from Amish communities in Ohio and Indiana. If you ever get the chance to visit, they’re both wonderful places to go.
You may occasionally read different and even conflicting things in Amish books. This is because each community does things a little differently. Their churches operate independently, although they share the same traditions. The Ordnung (rules) of each community are decided by local leadership and members. What have you learned about the Amish that surprised you? Leave a comment and I’ll choose one winner to send an Amish prize package to.
Announcements for this week:
- My next Amish book, What the Bishop Saw, releases six weeks. This is a new cozy mystery series, and it takes place in Monte Vista, Colorado. Pre-order details here.
- CBD is offering paperback versions of Raging Storm for $8.99. That’s 40% off. Amazon has lowered the price to $9.99.
- My inspirational romantic suspense books, Hidden and Protected are currently 99 cents in the Kindle and Nook stores.
- I’ll be selling and signing books at the Tyler Quilt Show this Friday and Saturday. If you live in the area, please stop by and say hello!